The Last Weekend Of The Summer
by Peter Murphy
on Tour September 1 – October 31, 2018
They have been coming to their grandmother Gloria’s lake cottage since they were babies. Now Johnnie and Buddy have families of their own and C.C. has a life full of adult drama and adventure. And this trip – the only stated purpose of which is to bring the family together for the last weekend of the summer – seems full of portent. Gloria has been hinting that there’s more on the agenda than grilling and swimming, and when the three siblings learn that their estranged father will also be in attendance, it becomes clear that this weekend will have implications that last far beyond the final days of the season.
A touching, incisive view into the dynamics of a family on the verge of change and filled with characters both distinctive and utterly relatable, THE LAST WEEKEND OF THE SUMMER is a rich, lyrical reading experience that will resonate in your heart.
Genre: Literary Fiction
Published by: The Story Plant
Publication Date: August 28, 2018
Number of Pages: 224
ISBN: 1611882575 (ISBN13: 9781611882575)
Book Formats: ePub, mobi, Print, Netgalley
Hosting Options: Review, Interview, Guest Post, Showcase
Giveaway: There will be a Providence Book Promotions Tour-wide Giveaway
More: According to the publisher The Last Weekend Of The Summer does/does not include: Excessive Strong Language, Graphic Violence, Explicit Sexual Scenes, Rape, or other trigger situations. PBP staff has not read this book, however and cannot give additional information.
Read an excerpt:
Peter Murphy was born in Killarney where he spent his first three years before his family had to move to Dublin. Growing up in the verdant braes of Templeogue, Peter was schooled by the De La Salle brothers in Churchtown where he played rugby for “The Wine and Gold.” He also played football (soccer) in secret! After that, he graduated and studied the Humanities in Grogan’s under the guidance of Scot’s corner and the bar staff, Paddy, Tommy and Sean. Murphy financed his education by working summers on the buildings sites of London. He also tramped the roads of Europe playing music and living without a care in the world.
But his move to Canada changed all of that. He only came over for a while and ended up living there for more than thirty years. He took a day job and played music in the bars at night until the demands of family life intervened. Having raised his children and packed them off to university, Murphy answered the long-ignored internal voice and began to write. He has published five novels so far and has begun work on a new one. Nowadays, he lives in beautiful Lisbon with his wife Eduarda and their well-read dog, Baxter.
Tour Host Participants:
1. 09/01 Review @ Tome Tender
2. 09/02 Showcasse @ Tfaulcbookreviews
3. 09/03 Showcase @ What Is That Book About
4. 09/04 Interview @ Writers and Authors
5. 09/04 Review @ CMash Reads
6. 09/05 Review @ Comfy Chair Books
7. 09/05 Showcase @ The Reading Frenzy
8. 09/06 Interview @ CMash Reads
9. 09/08 Review @ Book Reviews From an Avid Reader
10. 09/09 Showcase @ Bound 2 Escape
11. 09/10 Interview @ Mythical Books
12. 09/10 Review @ Wall-to-wall books
13. 09/12 Review @ Syllables of Swathi
14. 09/13 Guest post @ Loris Reading Corner
15. 09/14 Showcase @ Stacking My Book Shelves!
16. 09/17 Review @ Lauras Interests
17. 09/18 Showcase @ The Bookworm Lodge
18. 09/19 Review @ Bring on lemons
19. 09/21 Review @ Books Direct
20. 09/24 Guest post @ BooksChatter
21. 10/01 Guest post @ The Book Divas Reads
22. 10/02 Review @ Sunny island breezes
23. 10/08 Review @ Jersey Girl Book Reviews
24. 10/15 Review @ Lynchburg Mama
25. 10/18 Review/Showcase @ Romance Under Fire
26. 10/20 Review @ Simply Kelina
27. 10/22 Review @ Stormy Nights Reviewing & Bloggin
28. 10/26 Review @ Celticladys Reviews
29. 10/29 Guest post @ Nesies Place
30. 10/30 Review @ Nesies Place
I’m sorry this tour is currently closed.
Thank you for your interest in this tour!